The spring homebuying season has arrived, and MassHousing has everything low- and moderate-income Massachusetts residents need to be successful in purchasing or refinancing their house or condominium:
- A full suite of home mortgage products that are affordable and available through MassHousing’s network of 160 partner lenders across the state
- Specialized loans for veterans
- Loans for homebuyers who want to purchase a home that needs rehabilitation as part of the buying process
- MI Plus mortgage insurance that pays a borrower’s principal and interest payments for up to six months in the event they lose their job
Are you or someone you know hoping to buy a home this year? Here are some important first steps:
- Complete a homebuyer education course that will prepare you not only for the homebuying process, but for what you will need to do after the sale is complete to live in your home for the long-term.
- Make sure your finances are in order and have a good credit score.
- Work with a qualified Realtor® who will assist and guide you through the buying and closing process. MassHousing has long partnered with the Massachusetts Association of Realtors®.
"We are currently in a seller’s market this spring, which means there is a lot of competition for available homes for sale. However, there is opportunity in every market; you just need to know where to look," said 2017 Massachusetts Association of Realtors® President Paul G. Yorkis, president of Patriot Real Estate in Medway. "Working with a local Realtor®-member and making sure you are pre-qualified with a loan from MassHousing is the best way to set yourself up to act quickly when you find the right home."
Since its inception, MassHousing has helped more than 86,000 Massachusetts residents purchase or refinance their home.